DISCOVER PEOPLE OF FAITH
Where to find People of Faith...
We are located at the corner of Windermere and Warrior Road, in the same building as The Children's Lighthouse (one of our ministries). Entrance to our Worship Center is past the entrance to the Lighthouse. We are right across the street from the YMCA Aquatic Center. Entrance onto the property is by the Lighthouse entrance (off Windermere Rd) and also off Warrior Road. Parking is easily accessible from either entrance; handicap parking available near the Worship Center doors. Entrance to our Worship Center is past the entrance of the Lighthouse.
Who We Are. People of Faith is actually part of a larger church body called the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). We are located in one of the ELCA's 65 geographic areas or synods, and we are in the Florida-Bahamas Synod. For more information, click Florida-Bahamas Synod and ELCA.
What We Believe - Basics of our Lutheran Faith
- We believe in the Triune God - God the Father (who created the universe), God the Son (Jesus Christ who redeemed us from our sin), and God the Holy Spirit (presence of God who loves us, empowers us and lives in us). We acknowledge one God in these three persons.
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God.
- We believe that the Church, (from the local congregation to the world-wide fellowship of believers) is the Body of Christ. As His body, we are called upon to worship Him, serve Him, and be the vehicle through which the Good News in its fullnest is shared with the world.
- We affirm and identify with the confessions of the Lutheran Church, affirming the centrality of grace alone, faith alone, and word alone.
- We belive in and practice two Sacraments: Holy Baptism (through waters of Baptism, God adopts us as His children, gives us new life) and Holy Communion (God comes to us in love and forgiveness; Jesus is truly present in the bread and wine)
- We believe in the worth and value of all human beings. Created in God's image, humans have dignity.
- We believe in and anticipate the return of Jesus Christ. Although we don't know the day or hour, we joyfully proclaim Christ's return to inspire all people to make the most of life everyday.
History of People of Faith. Coming Soon
- Rick Kristoff, Pastor
- Juliann & Immanuel Sidabutar, Co-Ministers of Music/Worship Leaders
- Julie Frank, Connectional Ministries & Administration
- Neftali Medina, Warrior Roadhouse Director
- Bill Pieterila, Custodian/Property
- Sharee Miller, Treasurer
- Cheryl Dolven, Council President
- Jesse Neuman, Council Member
- Daniel Miller, Council Member
- Fritz Depenthal, Council Member
- Roger Rutledge, Council Member
- Deanna Gustafson, Children's Lighthouse Director